Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shrimp Scampi to the Rescue

A few weeks ago we planned to take my mother-in-law to Louisville for a special lunch and shopping trip. I didn't realize that the SAT - revised with the new essay section since I took it - lasted until almost 1pm!!! When it dawned on us that we were going to starve or make alternative plans I remembered the shrimp they have at Sam's Club... I've always wanted to splurge on them. My husband, the chef extraordinaire, picked some up and made a delicious meal for 1/3 the cost of taking everyone out to eat. Here is the amazing shrimp scampi luncheon he made to celebrate his mom's bday:


 (this is before the sauce...)

Just thought these were pretty!

 
Here is my husband finishing up the sauce and green beans for plating. He just blows me away - I never want to eat in restaurants because his food is so much better (with the exception to give him a break from cooking!)

3 comments: