Sunday, January 9, 2011

Celebrate Completion...


My students completed their paper portrait collages and displayed them at our coop's 1950's Soda Shop Unit Celebration the other night. It was so much fun! We had hot dogs, hamburgers and fries followed by games: bubble gum blowing contest, straw blowing contest, musical chairs, The Price Is Right 1950's prices, and the famous $64,000 Question game show with questions from our recent study of WWII.  

My girls and I were part of the team in charge of decorations and my #2 daughter, volunteered to help me with centerpieces. I gave her a Coca-cola bottle, 45's, and some die cuts to put together for a banana split and below you can see the masterpiece she created! It was so cute on the tables.

She used a paper towel roll piece with little tabs glued on it to hold the 45's in place and put a slit in the top to hold the banana split. I wish I hadn't been too busy to take photos for you! We then covered the towel roll with some silver garland to finish it off. Ta-dah! 

I am in the process of planning my next few coop art classes -- Notan designs with a Henri Matisse twist, and Op Art applications. I still have to make a Notan sample, but I figured out some tricks to teach the op art. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. The Unit Celebration was so much fun. You all did a great job with the decorations-balloons, centerpieces, bubblegum, checkered tablecloths, etc. The music and games were a blast and so was the company! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete