Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Herbs for the Service of Man...

I love to learn about and use herbs. Our family uses this muscle soother for any ache and pain. It really works! It has arnica, yarrow, peppermint, plantain, St. John's wort, coconut and olive oil...

Muscle Soother
 I also make a variety of tinctures... below are some ready to be processed. When our family started to get a stomach virus, we took our immune boosting tincture and elderberry tincture, but we even more quickly reached for our "sleepy time" tincture. It has catnip and chamomile which help to relax large muscle groups -  you are able to rest and relax when your tummy doesn't want to. Daily we take a tincture I call "Just Goodness" because it is full of stuff we should 'eat' all the time - rich in nutrients and minerals... red clover, wild yam, horsetail, cinnamon, rose hips, olive leave, oat straw, alfalfa, and raspberry leaf...to name a few. It helps our complexion, hair and nails... it gives me energy...I love it!

These jars have been in a dark cabinet for at least 2 weeks (likely longer). I am so thankful that God has made all these fabulous plants for our health.  Once processed I fill small blue bottles with dropper tops and store the extra for up to 3 years in dark brown bottles in a cool dry place.


Amen.

1 comment:

  1. The muscle soothing cream you gave me that I have been using is green and a little more jelly like. What is in the one that I am using? My muscle hasn't been jumping since Tuesday. Probably combination of stretching, exercise, rest and this herbal remedy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete