Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Door of Opportunity is Open

The painting at the Music and Arts Center is finished! We had great volunteers and fabulous paint - I highly recommend the Aura from Benjamin Moore ---worth EVERY penny! Colonial Interiors was gracious enough to donate several gallons which helped us to complete the project on a tight budget. I am thrilled with the color choices...thank you, Honey, for your encouragement! It really is refreshing and so much better than the battleship grey!

Here is a photo of the doorway I painted after you walk in. There is a saying on the wall that leads to it:
MACCL opens the door to opportunity... here is the open door:



It was great fun doing this painting of many types of landscapes from dessert, canyon, to forrest and mountain! I loved it. It looks a little angled due to the camera shot, but it is really level : D I used quite a bit of palette knife painting techniques - maybe I'll upload a few photos if anyone is interested. This project (the doorway) took me 7.5 hours (which was more than I allotted!) The rest of the painting...the striped walls...came out fabulously as well! Woohoo! Can't wait for the Director of MACCL to see it on Monday afternoon when he gets there!

Do you have a door of opportunity you should be walking through?

No comments:

Post a Comment