Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cowling Around


What an experience! Inspired by my sweet friend, I began a cowl as a gift. I found this great Country Loom yarn in rich chocolate with blue and a little green. This is actually a photo of the second one I made...Of course there is a story here.

As I knitted, I thought that it was too tight, so I changed to a larger needle. It worked out pretty well making it have a nice collar effect. But it just didn't seem good enough to give as a gift, so I began again. I made the one in the photo and felt as though it was gift-able. Having tasted a bit of success, I made one more in a baby blue. It came out nicely, too. I have been wearing the first cowl myself and LOVE it. It is so warm and comfortable. I used to wear scarves around the house to help regulate my temperature, but the on/off and adjusting required was a bit annoying. I am a convert to cowls!

My new project has been a cabled item, hopefully completed by Christmas-- so far torn out only about 8 times : D  My friend's inspiration goes a long way toward keeping me knitting... so does my stubborn perfectionist side!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this yarn. I started my cowl, but I am not sure it is big enough. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete