Friday, December 10, 2010

Heirlooms...Are you inspired?


My mother-in-law, Edna, made this wonderful crochet nativity set and passed it on to our family when our girls were little. It is a family heirloom! I love it and each year find a prominent place for it.   Sometimes it is in my foyer and others in the dining room (which we do actually use!) I think this is my favorite spot, however, and plan to take the clock down for the season and put up a simple wreath.


My girls took these photos as we were decorating for Christmas. Some would say - oh, it is so 70's and dated, but I see something different.  I look at these figures and see hours of love poured into them... for her family to enjoy and be reminded of God's gift to us. In her words -- as she so thoughtfully wrote them upon completing the nativity -- "It is my prayer that my faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord will also be passed along through the generations of my family."


This gives me the desire to ensure I pass on sweet, lovingly made gifts to each of my girls -- sharing with them things I hold dear. Do you have heirlooms that inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment