Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's a Treasure

A gathering of friends is only better with good food! Our coop parents had a much needed get together for dinner and fellowship.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I thought I'd pass out and someone would have to do CPR! Thank you friends for sharing some of the best "how I met my husband and got married" stories ever and such a nice meal!

My husband suggested that I bring my "famous" turtle pecan cheesecake. I have made it for close to 18 years and it always comes out amazing. My mother-in-law gave my husband (who loves to cook) The Treasury of Creative Cooking by the Editors of Consumer Guide. We have LOVED this cookbook. The recipes come out just like the photos AND they taste great. I have even purchased this 
cookbook used to give as wedding gifts because it is wonderful.  Here is a pic of the recipe:


So here is it just as it cooled... see, Mom, no cracks! I did put a little water in the oven to keep it moist.

 It came out beautifully and tasted so good!


Bon Appetite!

2 comments:

  1. This was absolutely delish!! Not to mention beautiful. Had so much fun Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making it. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete