Sunday, February 6, 2011

Slips

I was so excited to find some fabric to make my girls some slips. Slips can cost around $8 each and then they are usually not quite the right length, etc. I was determined to make them and with my friends generous loaning of her serger, I was off! The fabric was a steal at about $8 a yard - triple width! I thought that was great as that would probably make all the slips I needed... then when they rang it up, it was only $0.47 a yard! Needless to say, I bought all they had to have on hand!


For these I just used the serger for the seam and the hem. I then put the elastic right in with the top seam. Tada! Done. It was amazing!

I still owe you pictures of the skirts I recently finished. Will try to remember. I also was motivated to help my oldest fix her waist in a neat skirt we bought. She ripped it out and we took it up to fit her. It came out really nicely! Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment